A One-Way Timing drill is defined as a drill with a defined start and separate defined finish where the athlete does not move back through a beam they have already broken once.
A minimum of 2 SmartSpeed timing gates are required, but additional gates can be added to allow for additional spilt time collection.
This protocol can also be described as a linear sprint drill, although the set up does not necessarily need to be linear.
Minimum number of timing gates: 2
Suitable for SmartSpeed Pro and SmartSpeed Dash
To setup in SmartSpeed app:
- Log in to SmartSpeed app
- Select Start Session
- If required, set up an additional track (lane) if you have 4 or more gates
- Select Drill: One-way Timing
- Select My Drill: Standard (unless using a custom drill created in SmartSpeed Online)
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Automatic (unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-arm: 500 ms. The time is takes for gates to reset for the next athlete - adjust as required
- Name session as required for your reporting
- Select Ready
- Set the timing gate order. Walk through the timing gates in the order the athlete will pass through.
- Confirm the order of the timing gates displayed on screen
- Select Start
- Select ECP: On
- Select your Start Type:
- Set your Split Distance. This is the distance from gate 1 to gate 2, gate 2 to gate 3, gate 3 to gate 4 etc.
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time you have to tag a result valid or invalid.
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as configured