Lap drills are designed for a range of fitness tests where the athlete must start and finish at the same gate (completing laps). With a minimum of 1 timing gate per lane, the athlete will move through a series of split gates and back through the start gate in a Fixed Recovery, Fixed Duration, or completing as many laps as defined in your protocol.
Minimum number of timing gates: 1
Suitable for SmartSpeed Dash and SmartSpeed Pro
- Fixed Duration - duration of intervals are fixed. The rest period is included in the interval
- Fixed Recovery - rest periods of intervals are fixed. It starts when the athlete finishes one interval
- In Beam/Mat Start Type - begin with the beam directly on the athlete and timing begins when the athlete leaves the beam. If using a SmartPad, the athlete begins with their weight on the SmartPad and timing begins when pressure is removed from the SmartPad.
- Standard Start Type - athlete begins ahead of the start beam and timing begins when the athlete breaks the beam.
To set up in SmartSpeed App:
1. Log in to SmartSpeed app
2. Select Start Session
3. Select Drill: Lap Timing
4. Select My Drill: Standard (unless using a custom drill created in SmartSpeed Online)
5. Select your Team
6. Select Mode: Automatic (unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
7. Confirm Re-arm 500 ms. The time it takes for gates to reset for the next athlete - adjust as required
8. Name session as required for your reporting
9. Select Ready
10. Set the timing gate order. Walkthrough the timing gates in the order the athlete will pass through. (if using multiple gates)
11. Select ECP: On
12. Select Start Type: In Beam
13. Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time to tag a result valid or invalid.
14. Select the Tick Icon
15. Run through the drill as prompted by the timing gates and drill set-up.