Free Timing is a drill where the athlete can pass through any beam in any order based on the set up you have chosen.
A highly adaptable protocol, you can create most unique custom drills as a Free Timing protocol.
A minimum of 1 SmartSpeed timing units is required to run through a Free Timing Drill. Commonly used for drills where the start and finish is in the same place such as the Lane Agility or T drills (1 event drills).
Minimum number of timing gates: 1
Suitable for SmartSpeed Pro and SmartSpeed Dash
To setup in SmartSpeed app:
- Log in to SmartSpeed app
- Select Start Session
- Select Drill: Free Timing
- Select My Drill: Standard (unless using a custom drill created in SmartSpeed Online)
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Automatic (unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-arm: 500 ms. The time is takes for gates to reset for the next athlete - adjust as required
- Name session as required for your reporting
- Select Ready
- Set the timing gate order. Walk through the timing gates in the order the athlete will pass through.
- Confirm the order of the timing gates displayed on screen
- Select Start
- Select ECP: On
- Select your Test Standard. If using Events, select the number of events for the drill. If using Duration, select the amount of time the athlete will need to run through the drill
- Select Start Type: Standard
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time you have to tag a result valid or invalid
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as configured