Pacing drills are used to provide athletes with pacing information via the use of flashing coloured light signals. The athlete is required to complete the appropriate number of laps in order to complete the drill. The desired pace is indicated by the flashing coloured light of the next gate.
Minimum number of timing gates: 3
Suitable for SmartSpeed Pro
- Standard Pacing - a set number of beam breaks for the athlete to complete within the drill.
- Timed Pacing - a set amount of time in which the athlete will respond to as many colour flash signals as they can.
- Colour Flash - Red, Green, Blue and All Colours (Red, Green, Blue)
To setup in SmartSpeed app:
- Log in to SmartSpeed app
- Select Start Session
- Select Drill: Pacing
- Select My Drill: Standard (unless using a custom drill created in SmartSpeed Online)
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Automatic (unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-arm: 500 ms. The time is takes for gates to reset for the next athlete - adjust as required
- Name session as required for your reporting
- Select Ready
- Set the timing gate order. Walk through the timing gates in the order the athlete will pass through.
- Select ECP: On
- Select your Pacing option
- Select your Events. The number of instances the athlete will break a beam for the drill.
- Select your Pace in seconds
- Select your Reactive Type. Light, Buzzer or Light & Buzzer
- Select your Flash Choice
- Select your LED duration ms. The amount of time the colour flashes
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time to tag a result valid or invalid.
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as prompted by the timing gates and drill set up.