Updating the firmware of your SmartSpeed Plus timing units may be necessary at times to maintain optimal performance, fix any potential bugs, and enable new features. Firmware updates can be done through the SmartSpeed Plus app on your iOS device.
Before you begin
To update the firmware of your SmartSpeed Plus devices, all timing units must be turned on and within Bluetooth range of your smart device.
During the firmware update process, it is recommended that all timing gates are charged to at least 5%.
- Open the SmartSpeed Plus app on your iOS device and log in.
- In the Devices home screen, navigate to the menu in the top-left and select About.
- Click in the Firmware updater section.
- This will search for and display all timing units in Bluetooth range, divided into two possible sections:
- Select the device(s) from the "Devices with updates available" list to update - you can select more than one device at a time.
- Click to begin the firmware update process, then wait for the process to complete. Each device may take up to two minutes to update firmware.
Do not close the app or turn off your timing gates while the firmware is being updated. Doing so might permanently damage your device.
Once all devices update successfully, you will see an "Update complete" message. Click Close to return to the home screen.
If you receive the below alert that one (or all) of your devices failed to update, click Close, then attempt to update the firmware once again.
If you continue to experience issues with updating your firmware, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.