Integrating Cliniko with TeleHab will enable your practitioners to directly access a TeleHab profile from within your Cliniko practice management system. Once the integration has been set up, client profiles in Cliniko can be manually synced with your VALD Hub account.
How the integration works
When creating and editing patient profiles in Cliniko, the profile details can be synced to VALD Hub. The Cliniko integration enables a one-way sync (Cliniko → VALD Hub) of profile data. Once this has been set up, patient profile details should only be created and updated in Cliniko to avoid data being overwritten.
Note: When creating or updating profiles in Cliniko, this will NOT automatically sync to VALD Hub. You must click the Open in TeleHab button when viewing a profile in Cliniko to manually sync. Alternatively, you can click Sync Patients in Management > Integration in VALD Hub.
Set up a Cliniko integration
The Cliniko integration process involves the following steps:
- Obtain an API Key from Cliniko
- Set up Cliniko Integration in TeleHab
- Set up access to TeleHab client profile from Cliniko patient profile
- Import Cliniko client list into TeleHab [Optional]
Step 1 - Obtain an API Key from Cliniko
- Log in to your Cliniko account.
- Click My info on the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the API key section.
- Click Manage API keys.
- Click Add an API key.
- Input a name for the API key (e.g. VALD Hub, TeleHab).
- Click Create API Key.
- Copy the API key.
Step 2 - Set up Cliniko Integration in TeleHab
- Log into your VALD Hub account.
- Click into the Management tab in the navigation bar on the left.
- Navigate to the INTEGRATION tab.
- Click Set up Cliniko integration.
- Paste the API Key you obtained from Cliniko and click Save.
Note: You must have user permissions for TeleHab to access the management page.
You will receive a message when your integration settings are saved successfully. If integration is not successful, wait a moment and try again. If you continue to run into any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3 - Set up access to TeleHab client profiles from Cliniko patient profiles
- Open your Cliniko account.
- Click Settings on the left-hand menu.
- Go to Our Clinic.
- Click Integrations.
- Scroll down to Connected patient apps section.
- Input VALD Hub into App name field.
- Copy and paste the below into the App URL field:
- Click Save connected patient apps.
Note: Once setup, when you open a Patient profile in Cliniko you can access the patient's TeleHab profile by clicking the Open in tab on the top right menu.
Step 4 - Import Cliniko client list into TeleHab [Optional]
- In VALD Hub, go to Management > Integration.
- Click the Sync patients button.
- Click the Start sync button.
- Click the X icon on the Sync results.
- Click the Go back button to return to the software integration page. This page is where you can access the list of client profiles that failed to sync.
Note: Cliniko client profiles will be listed, and any profiles with errors will appear at the top of the page.
Profile errors will occur when a profile is missing one or more of the following required fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Gender (Sex)
Profile fields should be updated in Cliniko, as profile data only syncs one way - from Cliniko to TeleHab.
Profile errors do not need to be updated immediately. TeleHab will save client profiles that fail to sync and these can be updated in Cliniko later.