The Cliniko integration process involves the following steps:
A Cliniko integration enables practitioners to directly access a profile in TeleHab from a client profile in Cliniko – a practice management system. Once a Cliniko integration has been set up with TeleHab, client profiles in Cliniko can sync with TeleHab.
- When a client profile is created in Cliniko, the profile details can be synced to TeleHab by clicking the Open in TeleHab button in Cliniko.
- When a client profile is edited in Cliniko, the updated profile details can be synced to TeleHab by clicking the Open in TeleHab button in Cliniko.
A Cliniko integration also enables practitioners to import a client list from Cliniko into TeleHab.
Note: The Cliniko integration with TeleHab enables a one-way sync of profile data. Once a Cliniko Integration with TeleHab has been set up, client profile details should only be created and updated in Cliniko to avoid being overwritten.
Set up a Cliniko integration
Step 1 - Obtain an API Key from Cliniko
- Log in to your Cliniko account
- Click My info on the bottom of the left-hand menu
- Scroll down to API key section
- Click Manage API keys
- Click Add an API key
- Input a name for the API key
- Click Create API Key
- Copy the API key
Step 2 - Set up Cliniko Integration in TeleHab
- Log in to your TeleHab practitioner account.
- Click the Settings button from the main menu.
- Click the Software integration tab
- Click Set up Cliniko integration.
- Paste the API Key from Cliniko and click Save.
Note: You must have user permissions for TeleHab PMS/EMR link, to access the software integration page
- You will receive a message when your integration settings are saved successfully. If integration is not successful, wait a moment and try again. If you are not successful again, please contact email@example.com.
Step 3 - Set up access to TeleHab client profile from Cliniko patient profile
- Open your Cliniko account.
- Click Settings on the left-hand menu
- Go to Our Clinic
- Click Integrations
- Scroll down to Connected patient apps section
- Input TeleHab into App name field
- Copy and paste https://app.telehab.io/app/patients/integration into the App URL field
- Click Save connected patient apps
Note: Once setup, when you open a Patient profile in Cliniko you can access the patient's TeleHab profile by clicking the Open in tab on the top right menu.
Step 4 - [Optional] Import Cliniko client list into TeleHab
- Ensure you have Set up a Cliniko Integration in TeleHab.
- Go to Software integration in Settings.
- Click the Sync patients button.
- Click the Start sync button.
- Click the X icon on the Sync results.
- Click the Go back button to return to the software integration page. This page is where you can access the list of client profiles that failed to sync.
Note: Cliniko client profiles will be listed, and any profiles with errors will appear at the top of the page.
Profile errors will occur when a profile is missing one or more of the following required fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Gender (Sex)
- Profile fields should be updated in Cliniko, as profile data only syncs one way - from Cliniko to TeleHab.
- Profile errors do not need to be updated immediately. TeleHab will save client profiles that fail to sync and these can be updated in Cliniko later.