There may be occasions where you will need to change the ID number of your SmartSpeed Pro timing unit. For example, when you are running multiple tracks, or you have acquired additional timing units.
Update the firmware
Firstly, you will require the latest firmware. To update your firmware:
- Confirm you have the latest version of the SmartSpeed app - check your device for updates.
- Connect your SmartHub to your device.
- Go to the SmartSpeed App.
- Click the Options menu in the top left corner.
- Select SmartHub Tools.
- Select Firmware Upgrader.
- Click the Download icon that corresponds to your timing unit model (e.g. Pro V2).
The latest firmware will load – this will only take a few minutes and when completed you will see a “Scan Complete” message and the firmware number next to your timing unit model.
Update the ID
Now, you can update the ID on your timing unit(s):
- Click Scan.
- Select your new ID.
- ID – will update the ID only – you can select this if the FW number for the timing unit matches the firmware number.
- Full – will update firmware and ID – select this if the FW number for the timing unit is different to the firmware number. Select Type.
- Click Upgrade.