When updating your firmware through ForceFrame iOS, you should allow up to 30 minutes for the update to complete.
Things to keep in mind
|Keep the app open
|The ForceFrame app must be open on your device while the firmware is updating.
|Change up and unplug
|Check that your ForceFrame is not low on battery, and is not plugged into a computer during the update.
|Keep your device near the ForceFrame throughout the firmware update to ensure a strong connection is maintained.
|Wait for completion
|Depending on your device, this update can take up to 30 minutes.
Updating your firmware
- Turn your ForceFrame on by pressing the power button on the head unit.
- Ensure you are running the latest version of ForceFrame iOS, then open the app and log in.
- Navigate to Settings > Firmware Updates. The app will scan for and locate any ForceFrame device that are within Bluetooth range, turned on, and not already connected to another device. Your ForceFrame will be categorised as either "Update available" or "Up-to-date" based on the current firmware version.
- Click on your ForceFrame device in the "Update available" list, then click Start Update.
Do not power off the ForceFrame or your iOS device until the firmware update has completed. Ensure the iOS device remains close to the ForceFrame with the ForceFrame app open.
- Once the process is complete, click Finish.
If the firmware update is not successful, restart the ForceFrame and the ForceFrame iOS app and try again.