ForceDecks (and force plates in general) should always be zeroed before recording a test. This is the process of calibrating the force plates so they will measure the movement accurately for the creation of quality data.
To zero your ForceDecks:
- Ensure that the force plates are level and turned on
- Make sure nothing is touching the plates. The client should not be on the force plates yet.
- Click Zero Platforms
- An alert will appear for 2-3 seconds
- A new Test Recordings tab will appear on the top of your screen
- When you're ready, instruct your client to assume the starting position.
Note: Try to minimise "noise" around the plates during this period i.e. jumping, dropping weights, vibrations near the plates etc.