ForceDecks includes the following balance tests that enable users to measure an individual's Centre of Pressure (CoP):
- Quiet Stand - a timed stance exercise where the objective is to remain as stable as possible;
- Single Leg Stand - a timed left/right single-leg exercise where the objective is to remain as stable as possible; and
- Single Leg Range of Stability - a timed left/right single-leg exercise where the goal is to test the limits of the participants stability in each direction.
These tests can be selected from the ForceDecks Windows and ForceDecks iOS App.
Once the test type is selected, a user can set the following test parameters:
- Eyes open or eyes closed - whether the participants eyes are open or closed during the protocol;
- Stable or unstable surface - whether the participant is standing firmly on the ForceDecks platform or on foam padding;
- Full concentration or secondary task - whether the participant is being distracted with a secondary task to focus on; and
- Exercise length - as the balance test protocols are timed, this option adjusts the length of the protocol.
During the test recording, a trace of the Centre of Pressure for the left and/or right leg are displayed instantly onscreen.
Once the test is completed, ForceDecks will auto-analyse the results, calculating balance metrics derived from Centre of Pressure (CoP), such as:
- the total excursion of the Centre of Pressure (i.e., total distance travelled);
- the medial-lateral and anterior-posterior range of the Centre of Pressure;
- the area that the Centre of Pressure covered, and;
- the mean velocity of the Centre of Pressure.