- Coaches - to quickly monitor the recovery, fatigue and injury status of an athlete during a session; and
- Athletes - to see when they need to improve their jump technique.
- The SmartSpeed Dash timing unit, included in the SmartJump system, provides an audible ‘beep’ feedback signal; and
- The SmartSpeed Pro timing units provide a visual ‘light’ feedback signal.
- Primary feedback refers to a single source of feedback provided by SmartJump. For example this could be either jump height or contact time.
- Secondary feedback refers to another source of feedback, alongside the primary feedback.
Having both provides coaches and athletes with feedback on two performance outcomes. For example, a coach may want to monitor their athletes contact time and jump height during a jump. The coach can set up SmartJump to provide feedback to the athlete on both variables. They can set the contact time as the primary source of feedback and jump height as the secondary.