This guide will walk you through how to conduct a ForceDecks test using the ForceDecks iOS app.
ForceDecks iOS can be used with both 1st and 2nd generation ForceDecks. To utilise Bluetooth capabilities with 1st Generation plates, you must use the ForceDecks Wireless Adapter.
- Turn your ForceDecks on by pressing the power button on the left (primary) plate. The LED lights will begin to turn on, then you will hear a beep from the primary plate, followed by the secondary plate.
Ensure your iOS / iPadOS device remains near the plates during the test to maintain a strong Bluetooth connection.
- Log in on the ForceDecks iOS application.
- Click Test, then select your ForceDecks from the device list. Click the orange arrow to continue.
- Select a profile from the available list of previously added profiles, or create a new profile using the orange plus. Click the orange arrow to continue.
- You can then select a single test type from the list or choose Auto-Jump in the top-right. Clicking Auto-Jump will allow the individual to complete a wide variety of tests that can be auto-detected and auto-analysed. This is useful if you want your clients performing a battery of tests in quick succession. Click the orange arrow to continue.
- Select any tags for the test (OPTIONAL). Tags can be used to increase filtering and reporting capabilities. If you are conducting a significant number of tests, you can utilise tags by reading our guide on ForceDecks Tags. Otherwise, click the orange arrow to continue.
- Toggle ForceDecks Vision on or off. If enabled, orientate the iPad appropriately so that both the ForceDecks and the individual are in the camera frame.
ForceDecks Vision is currently only available for iPad users only. Additionally, profiles must have "Allow Photo and Video Recording" enabled to use ForceDecks Vision.
- Select Start in the bottom-right and the plates will begin a process of "zeroing". This resets the point of zero weight and is used to cancel out any potential errors in the starting measurement. Ensure that nothing is touching the plates while the zeroing completes.
- Once the plates have zeroed successfully and the screen now says "Weigh", have the individual step on the plates, standing as still as possible so that ForceDecks can record an accurate weight. The individual's weight is extremely important to record as it's used to calculate a wide variety of metrics for the test. See Weighing Profiles in ForceDecks iOS App for further information.
Clicking Skip Weigh will begin the test. ForceDecks will attempt to record the individual's weight in the quiet period before they begin the movement.
- Have the individual perform the test. See our list of ForceDecks Protocols for detailed instructions on how to perform each test type.
Running a balance test? See our article specifically for conducting balance tests on ForceDecks iOS.
It is recommended that the individual observes a "quiet period" between each repetition in the assessment. This ensures the ForceDecks software accurately picks up the movement.
- When you are satisfied with the assessment, click Stop in the bottom-right corner.
- You can then view and discuss the results of the test with your client using the three (or two if ForceDecks Vision was not enabled) result tabs on the left. For information on how to view and understand these results, see our Viewing results in ForceDecks iOS article.
- Click Finish, then you can upload your results to VALD Hub. At this point, if there were any reps that you do not wish to upload, you can deselect them from the list in the top-left. Click Upload to add this assessment to your upload queue.