- Lying prone
- Forehead supported on a foam block
- Arm extended 45° with hand resting on the plate
- Inactive arm behind back
- Feet hip width apart
Zero plates - Zero the plates. Ensure nothing is touching the plates during this step.
Weigh - Measure the weight of the arm being tested.
Important: If reps are not being detected, manually enter 2 or 3 kg as the weight.
Assume starting position - Ask the individual to assume the starting position on the plates.
Stabilise individual - Instruct the individual to remain completely still, in the starting position for 2-3 seconds before and between each rep in the test.
Perform test - Instruct the individual to:
- Contract as hard and as fast as possible; then
- Hold at maximum force output for a minimum of 2 seconds; then
- Relax after the contraction; then
- Assume the starting position again.
Repeat - Repeat step 5 to record the desired number of reps.
Complete the test - Click to stop the recording and check the results.
Related Article: ForceDecks Tests: Isometric Test Overview
Article is closed for comments.