- Normal standing posture
- Hands on hips (if unweighted) or hands on barbell (if weighted)
- Chest up and looking forward
- [OPTIONAL] Enter external load - The weight of the external load can be manually entered.
- Zero plates - Zero the plates. Ensure nothing is touching the plates during this step.
- Weigh individual - Measure the individual's weight without the barbell.
- Assume starting position - Ask the individual to assume the starting position on the plates.
- Stabilise individual - Instruct the individual to remain completely still, in the standing position for 2-3 seconds before and between each rep in the test.
- Perform test - Instruct the individual to:
- Keep the chest up and looking forward;
- Bend down into a squat, keeping the knees in line with the toes; then
- Push through the heels; then
- Assume the starting position again.
- Repeat - Repeat step 6 to record the desired number of reps.
- Complete the test - Click to stop the recording and check the results.
Related Article: ForceDecks Test: Squat Assessment Overview
Article is closed for comments.