ForceDecks App Protocol
- Normal standing posture
- Hands on hips (if unweighted) or hands on barbell (if weighted)
- Chest up and looking forward
- Select test type – Select Squat Assessment from the Test Type drop down menu on test recording screen.
- Zero plates – Ensure nothing is touching plates and click "Zero Platforms"
- Step on plates – Ask individual to step on the plates.
- Weigh individual – Click “Measure Weight”. The individual must remain completely still, and the colour display must register green before accepting body weight.
- [OPTIONAL] Enter External load – If applicable, the weight of the external load can be manually added in the ForceDecks software.
- Assume starting position – Ask individual to assume starting position.
- Stabilise individual – Instruct the individual to remain completely still, for 2-3 seconds before, and between each rep.
- Start Recording – Click ”Start Recording”
- Perform squat - Instruct the individual to:
- Keep chest up and looking forward:
- Bend down into a squat, keeping the knees in line with the toes; then
- Push through the heels; then
- Assume the starting position again.
- Repeat squat– Repeat step 9 for desired number of reps.
- Stop recording – Click "Stop Recording".
- Review – Review that reps and test type have been detected correctly. You can manually correct the test type and/or manually mark trial ranges, if required.
- Analyse – Click "Analyse and Save" - to move directly to next individual; or Click "Analyse" – to review result.
||1 - 100 reps
Related Article: ForceDecks Test: Squat Assessment Overview