- Normal standing posture
- Hands on hips
- Chest up and looking forward
- Zero plates - Zero the plates. Ensure nothing is touching the plates during this step.
- Assume starting position - Ask the individual to assume the starting position on the plates.
- Weigh individual - Measure the individual's weight.
- Stabilise individual - Instruct the individual to remain completely still, in the starting position for 2-3 seconds before and between each rep in the test.
- Perform test - Instruct the individual to:
- Keep the chest up and looking forward;
- Bend down; then
- Jump up; then
- Land stiff-legged on only the toes; then
- Quickly jump off the toes, for the desired number of hops, in rapid succession. (Safely keeping the knees as straight as possible.)
- Land softly; then
- Assume starting position again.
- Repeat - Repeat step 5 to record the desired number of reps.
- Complete the test - Click to stop the recording and check the results.
Related Article: ForceDecks Test: Hop Test Overview
Article is closed for comments.