ForceDecks App Protocol
- Standing on ground or elevated platform (e.g. box), immediately behind force plates.
- Normal standing posture
- Hands on hips
- Chest up and looking forward
Note: One example protocol suggests starting position should be 70cm from centre of ForceDecks (Does, Brink, Benjaminse, Visscher, Lemmink, 2016), but many practitioners prefer different distances
- Zero plates – Ensure nothing is touching plates and click "Zero Platforms".
- Step on plates – Ask individual to step on the plates.
- Weigh individual – Click “Measure Weight”. The individual must remain completely still, and the colour display must register green before accepting body weight.
- Assume starting position – Ask individual to assume starting position.
- Start Recording – Click ”Start Recording”.
- Perform jump - Instruct the individual to:
- Keep chest up and looking forward:
- Jump with the desired leg(s); and
- Land on the plates with the same leg(s); then
- Remain completely still on the force plates for 2-3 seconds; then
- Assume the starting position again.
- Repeat jump – Repeat step 6 to record a total of 3 reps.
- Stop recording – Click "Stop Recording".
- Review – Review that reps and test type have been detected correctly. You can manually correct the test type and/or manually mark trial ranges, if required.
- Analyse – Click "Analyse and Save" - to move directly to next individual; or Click "Analyse" – to review result
||1 - 100 reps
|Default Instant Results
- Peak Drop Landing Force [N]
- Time to Stabilisation [s]
- Peak Drop Landing Force Asymmetry [% L,R]
- Time to Stabilisation Asymmetry [% L,R]
Related article: ForceDecks Test: Land and Hold Overview