ForceDecks App Protocol
| Starting Position
- Push up position with one hand in the centre of each plate
- Arms and back straight
1. [OPTIONAL] Enter external load - The weight of the external load can be manually entered.
2. Zero plates - Zero the plates. Ensure nothing is touching the plates during this step.
3. Weigh individual - Measure the individual's full bodyweight while standing without an external load.
4. Assume starting position - Ask the individual to assume the starting position on the plates.
5. Stabilise individual - Instruct the individual to remain completely still, in the standing position for 2-3 seconds before and between each rep in the test.
6. Perform test - Instruct the individual to:
a. Keep their back straight; then
b. Flex their elbows to slowly descend; then
c. Extend their elbows to slowly ascend; then
d. Assume the starting position.
7. Repeat - Repeat step 6 to record the desired number of reps.
8. Complete the test - Click to stop the recording and check the results.
Related Article: ForceDecks Test: Push Up Overview