ForceDecks App Protocol
| Starting Position
||Starting position varies significantly significantly depending on what type of test is being performed.
- Isometric Posterior Chain: start lying on back with knees bent 90 degrees, heels resting on the plates on top of a box, and a loaded barbell resting across hips
- Isometric Mid-Thigh Pull (IMTP): start in standing position with knees slightly bent, gripping IMTP bar with slight pre-tension
- Athletic Shoulder (ASH) Test: start lying face down on ground, with hand placed on centre of plate.
- Isometric Squat Hold: start in standing position with bar across the individual’s shoulders and squat to quarter depth, chest up and facing forward.
- Zero plates – Ensure nothing is touching plates and click "Zero Platforms".
- Assume starting position – Ask individual to assume starting position.
- Weigh individual (or limbs only as applicable) – Click “Measure Weight”. The individual must remain completely still, and the colour display must register green before accepting body weight.
- Stabilise individual – Instruct the individual to remain completely still for 2-3 seconds with very slight pre-tension, before and between each rep.
- Start recording – Click “Start Recording”.
- Perform isometric test - Instruct the individual to:
- Contract as hard and as fast as possible; and
- Hold at maximum force output for a minimum of 2 seconds; then
- Relax after the contraction; then
- Assume starting position again.
- Repeat – Repeat step 6 for desired number of reps.
- Stop recording – Click "Stop Recording".
- Review – Review that reps and test type have been detected correctly. You can manually correct the test type and/or manually mark trial ranges, if required.
- Analyse – Click "Analyse and Save" - to move directly to next individual; or Click "Analyse" – to review results.
||1 - 100 reps
| Default Instant Results
- Net Peak Force [N]
- Force @ 100ms [N]
- Force @ 150ms [N]
- Force @ 200ms [N]
Related Article: ForceDecks Tests: Isometric Test Overview