I have created a new profile in VALD Hub/another VALD system app, and the profile is not displaying in the DynaMo app. Why is the new profile not displaying in the DynaMo app?
Profiles can take up to 6 hours to display in the DynaMo app. You can force an automatic profile list update by Swiping down on the home screen and holding for three seconds. This will update the profile list and display any recently created profiles. You can only perform this update every five minutes.
Why is my test data not uploading from the pending screen?
Attempt the following steps:
- Upload test data automatically by selecting the Refresh button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. If the tests display a red cross icon after the refresh button is selected, there is another issue not allowing upload of data.
- Ensure that your User permissions are set to View, Create, Modify for Data Capture Application Testing and Training Sessions in your User profile in VALD Hub. If set to View Only or None, you do not have permission to upload test data. You can view and edit your user permission through the Management tab in VALD hub by selecting Users and Edit.
- If your user permissions are correct and test data still does not update, check if you are connected to Wi-Fi as uploading data requires a Wi-Fi connection. Test data will remain in pending and will automatically upload once your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- If the above steps fail, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
My DynaMo is not pairing with my device. What should I do?
Ensure that your device has Bluetooth turned on and the DynaMo is switched on. Select the pairing button on the top left hand corner of the home screen, then select Connect. Your DynaMo app should show that the device is connected and return to the home screen.
If you continue to fail to pair your device, turn the DynaMo off and on. Wait 30 seconds before attempting to pair to Bluetooth through the pairing screen.
I want to immediately perform the same with test using a different Profile. What is the best way to do this?
Once a test is completed, you can select Test Again on the test summary screen. Under test again, there are 3 options:
- Perform the test again, for the same Profile
- Choose a new test for the same Profile
- Perform the same test against another Profile
Selecting 'Change test type' will allow you to quickly start a new test for the same profile.
I would like to change the threshold for detecting a repetition for a strength test, can I do this?
Yes, navigate to the Settings tab. Under Settings, select Default Thresholds (Strength). Customise the threshold based on your preferences. The default threshold is set to 30 Newtons for strength tests.
You can also change the threshold under the settings icon on the protocol page, prior to starting a new test.
Can I change the range of motion repetition threshold?
Yes, navigate to the Settings tab. Under Settings, select ROM Settings. Select Start Of Movement Angle Threshold and change the threshold based on your preferences. You have several other options to change preferences for conducting a range of motion test under the ROM Settings tab.
The default threshold for a range of motion repetition is 10 degrees.
I would like to change the Unit of Measurement from Newtons to Kilograms or Pounds, can I do this?
Yes, navigate to the Settings tab. Under settings, select Unit of Measurement (Strength). Customise the Unit of Measurement based on your preference.
You can also change the Unit of Measurement under the Settings icon on the protocol page, prior to starting a new test.
I would like to test multiple movements on the same side before I test the other side, how can I do this?
DynaMo has a function that allows for testing multiple movements on the same side (limb order) or in movement order, i.e. shoulder internal rotation + external rotation left then right or vice versa. To adjust your Multi-Movement Test Sequence preferences, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Multi-Movement Test Sequence
- Click on Limb order
- Go back to Settings
- Click on + button
- Pick Profile
- Proceed to testing