- Partial or quarter-squat position
- Hands on barbell
- [OPTIONAL] Enter external load - The weight of the external load can be manually entered.
- Zero plates - Zero the plates. Ensure nothing is touching the plates during this step.
- Weigh individual - Measure the individual's weight without the barbell.
- Assume starting position - Ask the individual to assume the starting position on the plates.
- Stabilise individual - Instruct the individual to remain completely still, in the starting position for 2-3 seconds before and between each rep in the test.
Important: ensure there is no downward movement from the starting position.
- Perform test - Instruct the individual to:
- Keep the chest up and looking forward;
- Jump up; then
- Land softly; then
- Assume starting position again.
- Repeat - Repeat step 6 to record the desired number of reps.
- Complete the test - Click to stop the recording and check the results.
Related Article: ForceDecks Test: Squat Jump Overview