The DynaMo mobile application is used for testing and data capture for both the DynaMo Plus and DynaMo Lite devices.
Learn more about connecting to and navigating the DynaMo app using this guide.
Watch the video
Connect your DynaMo device to your mobile
You can connect a DynaMo Plus or DynaMo Lite unit to your mobile device using these steps.
- Download the DynaMo mobile app to your iOS or Android device. Click here for steps on how to download.
- Once the DynaMo app has been downloaded onto your mobile device, use your VALD Hub login details to log in to the app. If you do not have your login credentials, please contact your organisation administrator or email us at email@example.com.
- The home screen is the main navigation page. You can view the following details on the home page:
- At the top, there is a Bluetooth button and an Upload status button.
- Your full name, and a list of recent tests.
- A bottom navigation bar where you can switch between Home, Profiles, Tests and Settings.
- Connect your DynaMo device (either DynaMo Plus or DynaMo Lite) to your DynaMo app by turning on your DynaMo device and ensuring you have Bluetooth enabled on your smart phone.
- Tap the Bluetooth button at the top left of the home screen on your DynaMo app.
- When your DynaMo device appears, tap CONNECT to pair the DynaMo with the app. The connection is complete when the Bluetooth indicator is green.
- Your DynaMo is ready for testing.
The Profiles tab displays all of the Profiles synced with your VALD Hub account. You can add a new profile at the top right of the Profiles screen.
Fill in their first name, last name, date of birth, and gender then tap SAVE. All Profiles will automatically update when the app syncs with VALD Hub.
View a Profile by tapping on the name. This will display their information including their name, a list of the tests they have completed, and their personal results.
The Tests tab displays all of the tests that you have completed, organised by date order. To perform that specific test again, tap the test then choose a patient profile.
Conduct a test
- The large button in the middle of the bottom navigation bar is the Create test button. This is where users create tests and select their test options.
- Tap Create.
- Select a Profile for the test.
- Select Region by clicking one of the orange plus buttons, then choose whether you want to perform a Strength or Range of Motion (ROM) test.
- With the appropriate test type highlighted in green, select the limb(s).
- Select Movement.
- Select Position.
- In the Test Protocol window, you can swipe to choose different variants for the particular test (e.g. compression or tension).
- Watch the Test Protocols video and read the written instructions to ensure the test is performed accurately.
- Tap SELECT AND PROCEED.
- When ready, tap START TESTING.
Click here to go to instructions for Range of Motion testing.
Click here to go to instructions for Strength testing.
The Settings tab is where you manage all of your app and device settings.
You can manage account details such as login and organisation details, as well as test and device settings as below.
|Default Thresholds (Strength)||Customise the threshold used for strength tests. This is defaulted to 30N, however, can be adjusted between 10N and 100N.|
|Unit of Measurement (Strength)||Customise what unit to show results in - Newtons (N), Kilograms (kg), or Pounds (lb).|
|Multi-Movement Test Sequence||Customise sequence of multi-movement tests. You can either test in order of movement or limb selection.|
|Sampling Frequency||Customise the rate of data transmission. The default sampling frequency for strength testing is 225 Hz, but is adjustable from 50 Hz to 225 Hz. The maximum sampling frequency is recommended for optimal accuracy and data capture.
Sampling frequency for ROM testing cannot be customised.
|ROM Settings||Customise ROM behaviour, allowing you to toggle whether range of motion movements are automatically detected or manually controlled.|
Article is closed for comments.