ForceDecks App Protocol
- Position force platforms directly in front of, but not touching, the chair
- Sit upright in the chair
- Hands crossed on chest
- One foot on each force platform
1. [OPTIONAL] Enter chair height - The height of the chair can be manually entered (in metres).
2. Zero plates - Zero the plates. Ensure nothing is touching the plates during this step.
3. Weigh individual - Measure the individual's weight while they are standing upright on the plates.
4. Assume starting position - Ask the individual to assume the starting position on the plates.
5. Stabilise individual - Instruct the individual to remain completely still with their feet resting on the force plates for 2-3 seconds before, and between each rep in the test, and to stand stationary for 1 second between the standing and sitting phases of each rep.
6. Perform test - Instruct the individual to:
a. Lean forward (noes over toes); then
b. Extend their hips, knees, and ankles to assume a standing position; then
c. Stand still for 1 second; then
d. Flex their hips, knees, and ankles to assume a sitting position; then
d. Remain completely still for 2-3 seconds before beginning the next rep.
7. Repeat - Repeat step 6 to record the desired number of reps.
8. Complete the test - Click to stop the recording and check the results.
Related Article: ForceDecks Test Overview: Sit to Stand to Sit