To upgrade the firmware in your SmartSpeed Dash, follow these instructions:
* you will need 1 x bent paperclip or similar
- Turn off the Dash by holding down the power button
- Connect the Dash to the computer via USB
- Press and hold the power button until the LED goes solid green
- Once the power LED has turned green, use the paperclip or clip to press and hold the internal bootloader button via the marked hole positioned to the right of the ID display
- Release the power button, wait a moment, then release the bootloader button
- If the Dash has successfully entered bootloader mode, the power LED will be off and pressing the power button will do nothing. If you are not seeing this behaviour, repeat the steps above.
- Your SmartSpeed Dash is now in bootloader mode and is ready to be upgraded.
- Once the upgrade is complete, hard reset the Dash by holding the power button until the power LED turns green, then release
Article is closed for comments.