It is recommended that you update your ForceDecks firmware as soon as a new version becomes available in order to keep your force plates up to date.
Before you begin
Check that your ForceDecks Windows application is on the latest software version. If a new version is available, this will be indicated by a blue banner at the top of the app.
Update your ForceDecks firmware
- Connect your ForceDecks plates to your computer using the provided USB cable. Ensure the interplate cable is connecting the two plates.
- Login to the ForceDecks Windows application.
- A green banner will appear at the top of your application if an update is needed. Click the banner to open the Configuration menu.
If you do not see a green banner, navigate to Options > Settings > Platform and click on the ForceDecks button on the right.
- Ensure the Connection types drop-down is set to "Only use USB device connection".
- Click the more options ... next to the force plates you wish to update.
- Click Download and update latest firmware and allow the update to complete.
Do not turn off or disconnect the force plates until the update has completed.
Install a different firmware file manually
At some point you may wish to manually override the standard firmware update and install a different firmware file provided to you (e.g. from the VALD Support team).
To do this, press Ctrl + Shift while clicking the Download and update latest firmware button, then locate and open your downloaded firmware file from your PC.