Zero plates - Zero the plates. Ensure nothing is touching the plates during this step.
Assume starting position - Ask the individual to assume the starting position on the plates.
Weigh individual - Measure the individual's weight.
Stabilise individual - Instruct the individual to remain completely still, in the starting position for 2-3 seconds before and between each rep in the test.
Perform test - Instruct the individual to:
- Keep the chest up and looking forward;
- Jump sideways (or forwards) with the desired foot; then
- Land on the other plate with the same foot; then
- Immediately jump back to the starting plate; then
- Land softly and remail still for 2-3 seconds; then
- Assume starting position again.
Repeat - Repeat step 5 to record the desired number of reps.
Complete the test - Click to stop the recording and check the results.