What is Centre of Pressure?
How does this apply to ForceDecks?
|(a) Force plate coordinate system||(b) Pressure distribution of foot||(c) Forces captured from force plate sensors||(d) Final force captured from force plate|
Why measure Centre of Pressure with ForceDecks?
- How many times per second the individual needed to correct their balance; and
- How far the individual needed to shift their centre of pressure to maintain their balance.
|FDMini, FDLite, FDMax||No known incompatability||Bertec 6090D-06||Gen 5 amplifier only|
The VALD team would like to expand Centre of Pressure test capture support across as many third-party hardware platforms as possible. If your hardware is not listed above, with your help, we'd love to explore whether we might be able to expand this selection to include your plates.
From you, we'll need the following details:
- The brand and model of your plates
- The "Include force components for each transducer in CSV output where supported" and "Include additional platform-type specific components in CSV output" checkboxes ticked within your Windows app settings
- A recording (CSV) export with protocol:
- Begin with a 'Weigh Start'
- Have your participant stand and pause on each edge of your plates, i.e. top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right.
- An accompanying video of your test recording