A reactive and agility drill. You can run this drill for multiple athletes at once (up to 4) with a minimum of 3 Pro gates. The more gates you have, the more athletes you can run.
Athletes are assigned a colour and have to react to the colour that flashes. The drill can be either set for duration or a number of beam breaks. There is no fixed end with this drill- only the max number of instances the athletes can break the gates based on the cue in the amount of time specified (duration) OR having your athlete break the gates a set amount of times as quickly as possible.
Minimum number of timing gates: 3
Suitable for SmartSpeed Pro
- Test Standard Breaks - a set number of beam breaks for the athlete to complete within the drill.
- Test Standard Duration - a set amount of time in which the athlete will respond to as many colour flash cues as they can.
- Colour Flash - Red, Green, Blue and All Colours (Red, Green, Blue)
To setup in SmartSpeed app:
- Log in to SmartSpeed app
- Select Start Session
- Select Drill: Grid Drill
- Select My Drill: Standard (unless using a custom drill created in SmartSpeed Online)
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Manual (unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-arm: 500 ms. The time is takes for gates to reset for the next athlete - adjust as required
- Name session as required for your reporting
- Select Ready
- Set the timing gate order. Walk through the timing gates in the order the athlete will pass through.
- Select your Test Standard
- [Test Standard Breaks] Select your Breaks
- [Test Standard Duration] Select your Duration
- Select your Athletes. The number of athletes
- Select your Reactive Type. Light, Buzzer or Light & Buzzer
- Select your Flash Choice
- Select your Delay. The minimum and maximum amount of time delay between colour flashes
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time to tag a result valid or invalid.
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as prompted by the timing gates and drill set up.
Article is closed for comments.