Force Velocity Profiling (FVP) is a method of testing used to assess an athlete’s force (strength) and velocity (speed) production capabilities over a 40m sprint.
SmartSpeed FVP sprint testing requires at least 4 timing gates set out over 40 metres or 40 yards, inputting the height, the weight of the athlete, and noting any environmental conditions in the SmartSpeed app to produce objective force and velocity data.
Minimum number of timing gates: 4
Suitable for SmartSpeed Dash and SmartSpeed Pro
To setup in SmartSpeed App:
- Log in to SmartSpeed App
- Select Start Session
- If required, set up an additional track (lane) if you have more gates
- Select Drill: FVP Sprint
- Select My Drill: Standard
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Automatic (Unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-Arm: 500 ms
- Name session as required for your reporting
- Select Start
- Select ECP: On
- Select your Start Type
- Set your Split Distance. This is the distance from gate 1 to gate 2, gate 2 to gate 3, gate 3 to gate 4.
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time you have to tag a result valid or invalid
- Go to User Options
- Enter the Athlete’s height, weight, and environmental conditions: temperature, pressure, and wind velocity
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as configured
- Results are available in the SmartSpeed App or SmartSpeed Online
Article is closed for comments.