Force Velocity Profiling (FVP) is a method of testing used to assess an athlete’s force (strength) and velocity (speed) production capabilities.
SmartSpeed FVP jump testing requires a portable jump mat connected to a timing unit, inputting the height, the weight of the athlete, and noting any environmental conditions in the SmartSpeed app to produce objective force and velocity data.
Minimum number of timing gates: 1 with portable jump mat
Suitable for SmartSpeed Dash and SmartSpeed Pro
To setup in SmartSpeed App:
- Log in to SmartSpeed App
- Select Start Session
- Select Drill: FVP Jump
- Select My Drill: Standard
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Automatic (Unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-Arm: 500 ms
- Name session as required for your reporting
- Select Start
- Select ECP: OFF
- Select your Start Type
- Set your Number of Jumps, standard of flight or contact time
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time you have to tag a result valid or invalid
- Go to User Options
- Enter the Athlete’s height, weight, and environmental conditions: temperature, pressure, and wind velocity
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as configured
- Results are available in the SmartSpeed App or SmartSpeed Online
Article is closed for comments.