SmartSpeed App functions
- Access System Options
- Create / Run Drills
- View Results
Access System Options
The Options menu on the app home screen, enables users to access Bluetooth setup, SmartHub tools, results and app settings(e.g. time format, units of measurement, data sync).
Create / Run Drills
Users can configure drills directly in the app or access preconfigured drills synced from SmartSpeed Online.
When creating drills in the SmartSpeed app for:
- SmartSpeed Pro - the app will only display drills that can be run with the combination of timing units and jump mats that are detected.
- SmartSpeed Dash - the app will display all drills that can be run with SmartSpeed Dash timing units. When a drill is selected without the relevant number of timing units or mats connected, a popup with a list of requirements for the drill will display.
Once a drill has been created and the session has started, the following buttons in the app are used to control the session:
- Lock – locks the app screen. This will prevent buttons from being pressed accidentally.
- Reset – cancels the current trial. This enables an athlete to start again e.g. if they make a false start.
- Pause – deactivates the gates and SmartScan RFID scanner. This enables users to take a break or move the gates.
- Resume – reactivates the timing gates after Reset or Pause
- Set – activates the gates. This feature is used to activate the gates when using the Manual Mode.
- Stop – ends the session. Results will be saved locally to the device and will sync to SmartSpeed Online (provided the device has an internet connection).
During a drill session results will automatically display onscreen, and when the drill is completed results can be access via the Options Menu.
Results are synced with VALD Hub, where users can export results.