The mat can be connected to any SmartSpeed Pro or SmartSpeed Dash timing unit and does not require calibration before use.
When the Portable Jump Mat is added to the SmartSpeed Pro system, the timing units can be configured to provide audio and visual feedback based on user-set thresholds. Multiple mats can also to added to the SmartSpeed Pro system to run numerous jump stations concurrently.
Note: The Portable Jump Mat is the same mat included in the SmartJump system.
Configuring Portable Jump Mat
The sensitivity of the Portable Jump Mat is an important factor to consider when collecting jump data.
Note: The sensitivity adjustment does not alter the accuracy of the data collected. It instead allows users to set thresholds for the data. The system flags any data under this threshold, ignoring it when it comes to analysing the athlete’s performance.
Mat sensitivity is set when creating drills in SmartSpeed Online or the SmartSpeed app.
- The SmartSpeed Dash timing unit, provides an audible ‘beep’ feedback signal; and
- The SmartSpeed Pro timing units provide a visual ‘light’ feedback signal.
- Primary feedback refers to a single source of feedback provided by SmartSpeed. For example this could be either jump height or contact time.
- Secondary feedback refers to another source of feedback, alongside the primary feedback.
Real-time feedback is set when creating drills in SmartSpeed Online or the SmartSpeed app.
Connecting Portable Jump Mat
The Portable Jump Mat can be connected via a PS2 port to either:
- A SmartSpeed Dash timing unit
- A SmartSpeed Pro timing unit
- SmartHub (Port A)
- SmartScan RFID reader (The RFID reader is then connected to the timing unit)
Article is closed for comments.